$10 Buck Two (Click Here)

My Story

After tearing my right shoulder rotator cuff, the Doctor took an MRI and X-Ray. I was shocked to find out in mid-Nov '09 that I had a tumor in the upper right lung lobe. After a flurry of tests, biopsies, etc, I've been diagnosed with non-small cell lung cancer, which is also in the lung lymph nodes. On November 30th I start chemotherapy and radiation. Then a 3 week break, followed by surgery to remove the lung lobe. I have no symptoms whatsoever, so this is really hard to assimilate with all the information that has been thrown at me. I'm scared spitless and am having such a hard time staying mentally positive.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

An Update From Gordy

Dear Friends,
Gordy and Correne's dear friend Judy (who is visiting) both called me today with a request to share this with all of you.  Correne is mostly resting comfortably and is not mobile. She is now resting throughout the day and is speaking but very softly when she is awake.  Just last week I spoke to Correne. She was able to walk to her computer for a nice long visit she and I.  This week has seen a change in her abilities.

Judy arrived Monday, July 8th and visited with Correne last night for a while in her room as she lay in bed.  She and Correne talked for a while, reflecting and talking about friends and family.  Correne even showed some enthusiasm with Judy about getting up today (Tues).  Today Correne is not able to do so and Gordy and Judy are both right there with her.  Gordy's strength and sadness is a glimpse to his devoted love for Correne.  Both Judy and Gordy wanted me to send this out on their behalf as they know so many of you want to pray for Correne and know how she is doing.  If you wish to visit or contact Correne, Gordy expressed his desire for any of you who wish to speak to or visit Correne to please do so now.  Hospice came by Monday and will be visiting Correne regularly.  She is resting comfortably with no discomfort.

Last night Correne shared with Judy everyone's cards, letters and photos and spoke of so many of her friends and family.  Correne sends her love to you all. - Sue

1 comment:

  1. Both Correne and Gordy are in our thoughts and prayers - how is Correne doing?
    Jim and Mary Nelson

    ReplyDelete